The Life+ Project
The main goal of the project is to be the first processing plant that shows how a waste product from the food industry can be recycled into ethanol, by integration with a production system at an existing oil refinery, to produce renewable fuels for the transport section.
The main results of the project so far:
- Investigation of the local market for raw material.
- Planning and on-going work with permission processes.
- Applications sent to the authorities and are under investigation.
- An Environmental permit has been obtained.
- building permit obtained
- Inauguration of the plant took place the 5th of June 2015.
- Since the turn of the year 2015/2016 ethanol is produced according to the product specification and the animal feed is delivered to the customer.
- We have reported the Mid-term report to the European Commission.
- We have on several occasions received study visits for tour of the facility.